- - -
1. Disconnect AC-adapter.
2. Remove battery.
3. Unseat all port covers, and remove screws holding bottom panel, 13 screws.
4. Remove bottom panel.
5. Remove tape seal covering GPS antenna mounting location.
6. Insert GPS antenna into its cover.
7. Install GPS antenna assembly using the 8mm pan head screws. Seal with black silicone or similar to maintain watertight integrity.
8. Insert the 12pin/80mm FFC into connector CN902 on soundcard, connector side face up.
9. Install the PCB using the four 5mm wafer head screws.
When installing the PCB, pass the 12pin/80mm FFC through the hole in the PCB and connect to the 12pin FFC connector, connector side face down.
10. Insert the 50pin/40mm FFC cable into GPS board connector first, connector side face down. Then insert other end into mainboard connector. Make sure you insert it straight & centered into both connectors.
11. Connect the antenna.
12. Put the computer back together.
Follow the service manual instructions on what order to tighten the back panel screws.
13. On first boot, enter BIOS (pressing F2 at Panasonic screen) and make sure GPS is enabled (or auto).
14. Download U-Center here
Use this utility to monitor and configure your GPS.
15. OPTIONAL: Download and install the Panasonic wireless switch software. You may use the bluetooth ON/OFF to switch the internal USB port on & off by software while running the computer. When computer is shut down or in sleep mode, power is automatically cut. - - -
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 20 May, 2010.